- LowLife n. low•lifeˈloʊˌlaɪf(n.)(pl.)-lifes.-lives
- 1. a member of the outerclass comprised of (e.g.) prostitutes, addicts, alcoholics, the mentally ill, beggars, petty criminals, trolls, anarchists, welfare mothers, and uncontrollable wobblers.
- 2. a disreputable or deviant lifestyle
- One Throttled Voice ...
- Homeless Heroism
- “The street’s on fire in a real death waltz …”
- Sinai Tapestry (off-topic)
- Wasting the meaning and losing the rhyme
- Offered Without Comment (‘Cause Mom Said Don’t Speak When You’re Angry)
- Fentanyl, Your Last Train Home.
- Promises … promises
- Rotting On Remand
- Senior Toronto police officer found guilty of misconduct for ordering mass arrest at the G20 summit in 2010
- Justice Delayed: Bus Shelter Killers Get Life
- I broke the windows at the logging company, just to get a little release
Follow ᢺᓃᘺᢺᖥᕓᘍᔛ on TwitterMy Tweets
Choose Your PoisonAddictions Bigotry Brickbats & Bouquets Cop Watch Crime Daily Life Death Family Free Expression Gov't Policy Health & Welfare Homeless Human Rights Justice Literature Mental Health Music News Photos Police Portraits Prisons Protest Public Awareness Suicide Surveilance Technology Uncategorized Videos Violence Women Youth
- Evan Esar"Hope is tomorrow's veneer over today's disappointment."
- Bertrand Russell"The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there is no good evidence either way."
- Oscar Wilde"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers."
- Dave Barry"Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet."
- Evan Esar
- Anote's Ark: A documentary of biblical scope tackling climate change April 24, 2018Anti-RacismEnvironment"This is an act of war," proclaims the main individual featured in the wondrous documentary Anote's Ark, which takes place primarily in the remote Pacific island nation of Kiribati. This is an era of urgency and if you are going to catch a climate change film, be sure to watch this deeply moving, people-centred one. The d […]rabble staff
- In 2019 Trudeau Liberals plan to campaign like it's 2015 April 24, 2018ElectionsFeminismPolitics in CanadaSpeaking last weekend to 3,000-plus Liberals attending the federal party convention in Halifax, Justin Trudeau gave the kick-off speech to the 2019 election campaign. The Liberal leader announced: "I deeply believe that we are and should be a progressive party." The party expects to own the constituencies that wi […]rabble staff
- Alberta is not Texas North and Kinder Morgan's big brains in Houston must've known it April 24, 2018David J. ClimenhagaThere are a few Albertans who happily imagine this place is Texas North. Alas for those who do, and notwithstanding the media stereotypists who encourage this nonsense, we are as Canadian around here as folks in any other Western province. Maybe more so, since so many people from other parts of Canada keep moving here. Sure, lots of us who […]djclimenhaga
- How to be a good late capitalist April 23, 2018April 23, 2018EconomyThe Capitalist God’s 10 CommandmentsFollow these and the promise of Mammon is yoursCapitalismneoliberalrabble staff
- Anote's Ark: A documentary of biblical scope tackling climate change April 24, 2018
- 'The Authority of Democracy': Can Macron's Vision Prevail Amid Europe's Rightwing Populists? April 24, 2018French President Emmanuel Macron is positioning himself as Europe's most vehement proponent of unity, but he faces resistance from rightwing nationalist governments seeking to fray Europe.noah
- Florida Kids Sue Gov. Scott Over Climate Change: You Have 'Moral Obligation' to Protect Us April 24, 2018The case, connected to the federal Our Children’s Trust climate lawsuit, is one of nine pressuring states to take action on global warming and fossil fuels.noah
- How the Public Banking Movement Hacked Cannabis Banking April 23, 2018The answer to unsafe cannabis cash, irresponsible private banking and economic inequality can be found in the democratization of banks.noah
- Robert Reich: Should You Vote for a Third Party? (Video) April 23, 2018Robert Reich discuss how to avoid voting for the lesser of two evils by getting involved in party primaries and pushing your state to adopt ranked-choice voting.noah
- 'The Authority of Democracy': Can Macron's Vision Prevail Amid Europe's Rightwing Populists? April 24, 2018