- LowLife n. low•lifeˈloʊˌlaɪf(n.)(pl.)-lifes.-lives
- 1. a member of the outerclass comprised of (e.g.) prostitutes, addicts, alcoholics, the mentally ill, beggars, petty criminals, trolls, anarchists, welfare mothers, and uncontrollable wobblers.
- 2. a disreputable or deviant lifestyle
- One Throttled Voice ...
- Homeless Heroism
- “The street’s on fire in a real death waltz …”
- Sinai Tapestry (off-topic)
- Wasting the meaning and losing the rhyme
- Offered Without Comment (‘Cause Mom Said Don’t Speak When You’re Angry)
- Fentanyl, Your Last Train Home.
- Promises … promises
- Rotting On Remand
- Senior Toronto police officer found guilty of misconduct for ordering mass arrest at the G20 summit in 2010
- Justice Delayed: Bus Shelter Killers Get Life
- I broke the windows at the logging company, just to get a little release
Follow ᢺᓃᘺᢺᖥᕓᘍᔛ on TwitterMy Tweets
Choose Your PoisonAddictions Bigotry Brickbats & Bouquets Cop Watch Crime Daily Life Death Family Free Expression Gov't Policy Health & Welfare Homeless Human Rights Justice Literature Mental Health Music News Photos Police Portraits Prisons Protest Public Awareness Suicide Surveilance Technology Uncategorized Videos Violence Women Youth
- Elaine Gill"If you have any doubts that we live in a society controlled by men, try reading down the index of contributors to a volume of quotations, looking for women's names."
- James M. Barrie"Life is a long lesson in humility."
- Carl Sandburg"I won't take my religion from any man who never works except with his mouth."
- Senator Patrick Leahy"You get fifteen democrats in a room, and you get twenty opinions."
- Elaine Gill
- Writers of colour get their own imprint courtesy of Vivek Shraya and Arsenal June 28, 2017June 28, 2017Vivek Shraya and Arsenal Pulp Press launch imprint for young writers of colourArtist and writer Vivek Shraya is partnering with Arsenal Pulp Press to offer a deep mentorship and publication to a writer of Indigenous background or a person of colour who is living in Canada.rabble staff
- Vivek Shraya and Arsenal Pulp Press launch imprint for young writers of colour June 28, 2017Anti-RacismArts & CultureLGBTIQ"I wrote my first song when I was 13," recalls writer and musician Vivek Shraya in an interview with rabble.ca. "Yet, I don't think it ever crossed my mind that arts was a career I could pursue." The 36-year-old remembers growing up in Edmonton to parents who migrated from India -- the arts were not […]rabble staff
- Far-right groups fuelling populist racism in Quebec June 27, 2017June 27, 2017Who is fuelling populist racism in Quebec?GREDA and the Activist Toolkit provide a list of active far-right groups in Quebec.rabble staff
- The next NDP leader needs to articulate change June 27, 2017EconomyNDPPolitics in CanadaCanadians have been poorly governed for too long. The country is ready for some serious change. The challenge for the five NDP leadership candidates is to spell out what needs to be changed, and inspire confidence that it can be done. It may be hard to believe, but there have been few major improvements to Canada since the Pearson […]rabble staff
- Writers of colour get their own imprint courtesy of Vivek Shraya and Arsenal June 28, 2017
- Florida Just Passed Its Second Anti-Science Law This Month June 28, 2017Florida passed a law undermining accepted scientific theories about climate change, evolution and vaccination.noah
- Trump Lawyer's Firm Steered Millions In Donations to Family Members June 28, 2017Documents obtained by the Guardian reveal Jay Sekulow approved plans to push poor and jobless people to give to his Christian nonprofit, which then paid big sums to his family.noah
- Meet the Activists With a Plan to Make Climate Change Matter in Elections June 28, 2017Calling themselves Sunrise Movement, the group — most are under the age of 30 — plan to recruit and train a nonviolent volunteer army to shake up the 2018 midterm elections and make 2020 the first presidential election about climate change.noah
- The Wisconsin Experiment: Could G.O.P. Win As "Moderates" on Education In 2018 June 27, 2017With Democrats predicting big gains as President Trump’s approval ratings flatline, Republicans are courting an audience that they’ve neglected since the Tea Party victories of 2010: moderates.noah
- Florida Just Passed Its Second Anti-Science Law This Month June 28, 2017
Category Archives: Youth
Spot The Fanatic I can’t resist sharing this gem from Ezra Levant, the omnipresent Rush Limbaugh wannabe from Stun News. Apparently tired of single cell conspiracy theories, Rush Ezra now seems to be convinced that he’s battling not only the … Continue reading
Here’s a couple of songs for Carré Rouge & Maple Spring, the Quebec student protest movement that last week toppled a government and won their fight for affordable post-secondary education. With truly inspiring commitment, endurance, and restraint, the student-led movement … Continue reading
By John Bonnar August 14, 2012 The photo, featuring a yellow candle burning brightly, hung over the Toronto Homeless Memorial board as a symbol of hope that one day homeless deaths will be a thing of the past. For now … Continue reading
I just had to add this link as a follow up to my Children Of The Revolution post. I somehow missed this article about Tyler Thompson the Barhaven teen who raised $2,400 for the Ottawa Mission which, with matching … Continue reading
On Tuesday, local candidates in next week’s federal election sat down to break bread with street folk at the Shep’s and discuss their views on the problem of homeless in Ottawa. The Alliance To End Homelessness sent out a general … Continue reading
I was feeling a bit discouraged this morning after scanning the news and trolling the various cybernooks and crannies that I troll for this stuff. Far too many candidates for Brickbats. I desperately needed to throw a Bouquet. And there … Continue reading