- LowLife n. low•lifeˈloʊˌlaɪf(n.)(pl.)-lifes.-lives
- 1. a member of the outerclass comprised of (e.g.) prostitutes, addicts, alcoholics, the mentally ill, beggars, petty criminals, trolls, anarchists, welfare mothers, and uncontrollable wobblers.
- 2. a disreputable or deviant lifestyle
- One Throttled Voice ...
- Homeless Heroism
- “The street’s on fire in a real death waltz …”
- Sinai Tapestry (off-topic)
- Wasting the meaning and losing the rhyme
- Offered Without Comment (‘Cause Mom Said Don’t Speak When You’re Angry)
- Fentanyl, Your Last Train Home.
- Promises … promises
- Rotting On Remand
- Senior Toronto police officer found guilty of misconduct for ordering mass arrest at the G20 summit in 2010
- Justice Delayed: Bus Shelter Killers Get Life
- I broke the windows at the logging company, just to get a little release
Follow ᢺᓃᘺᢺᖥᕓᘍᔛ on TwitterMy Tweets
Choose Your PoisonAddictions Bigotry Brickbats & Bouquets Cop Watch Crime Daily Life Death Family Free Expression Gov't Policy Health & Welfare Homeless Human Rights Justice Literature Mental Health Music News Photos Police Portraits Prisons Protest Public Awareness Suicide Surveilance Technology Uncategorized Videos Violence Women Youth
- Ellen DeGeneres"What you look like on the outside is not what makes you cool at all. I mean, I had a mullet and wore parachute pants for a long, long time, and I'm doin' okay."
- Rudyard Kipling"He wrapped himself in quotations- as a beggar would enfold himself in the purple of Emperors."
- W. C. Fields"I always keep a supply of stimulant handy in case I see a snake--which I also keep handy."
- Sigmund Freud"America is a mistake, a giant mistake."
- Ellen DeGeneres
- 'I am woman, hear me roar, in numbers too big to ignore' October 20, 2017Civil Liberties WatchFeminismPolitical Action"I am woman, hear me roar, in numbers too big to ignore." Helen Reddy sang those words in 1972, providing an anthem to the rising women's movement. Forty-five years later, the song could serve as the score to a movie documenting the abusive rise and abrupt demise of Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein. […]rabble staff
- Independent Jewish Voices Canada congratulates Nadia Shoufani on victory for freedom of speech October 19, 2017Independent Jewish Voices CanadaIndependent Jewish Voices Canada (IJV) was thrilled to learn that Palestinian-Canadian teacher and human rights activist Nadia Shoufani successfully fended off a defamatory campaign that targeted her livelihood and reputation. Shoufani was targeted by Israel lobby groups after she spoke passionately at a rally in Toronto durin […]IJV
- Confronting the normalization of Islamophobia October 19, 2017October 19, 2017Anti-RacismPolitical ActionPolitics in CanadaThe "alt-right" and Islamophobia continue to be normalizedConfronting the normalization of IslamophobiastophatecaRebel Mediaalt-rightGREDAARC CollectiveNational Council of Canadian Muslimsrabble staff
- Karina Griffiths uses film, music, theatre, panel discussions and storytelling for new Berlin show October 18, 2017October 18, 2017Anti-RacismArts & CultureCivil Liberties WatchCanadian curator’s groundbreaking slavery 'Republik Repair' festival in Berlin Karina Griffiths uses film, music, theatre, panel discussions and storytelling to address the 10-point Plan for Reparatory Justice produced by CARICOM in 2014 reparationsArts & Cultureanti-racismanti-s […]rabble staff
- 'I am woman, hear me roar, in numbers too big to ignore' October 20, 2017
- What Does a Progressive Economy Look Like and How Do We Get There? October 20, 2017If laws governing taxes, trade, wages, union organizing and government spending on healthcare and welfare can be changed to favor capital, they can be changed back to favor ordinary people.noah
- 3 years ago, Stockton, California, was Bankrupt. Now It's Trying Out A Basic Income. October 20, 2017A city on the outskirts of Silicon Valley is using Facebook money to fund a basic income trial.noah
- Yes, Half of Americans Are In Or Near Poverty: Here’s More Evidence October 20, 2017We still have our houses and cars, right? Maybe not. The poorest 50% of American adults had an average net worth of just $7,500 in 2016. A year earlier it was $9,000, but the richest 1% took it away.noah
- What the Flint Water Crisis Tells Us About America's Eroded Infrastructure October 20, 2017As the Trump administration and GOP leaders talk about more spending cuts and smaller government, realities like Flint become glaring reminders that government programs can make a difference when executed correctly.noah
- What Does a Progressive Economy Look Like and How Do We Get There? October 20, 2017
Category Archives: Women
A male RCMP officer in Antigonish, N.S. is under investigation after two allegations of domestic violence. See: CopWatch Advertisements
“Pussy Riot”. Two words guaranteed to strike fear and loathing into the heart of every full patch Regressive Conservative. Female sexuality and punk rocking anarchists taunting the privilaged class, heaving metaphorical rocks and bottles at their black-jacketed, kevlar-clad private armies. … Continue reading
By John Bonnar August 14, 2012 The photo, featuring a yellow candle burning brightly, hung over the Toronto Homeless Memorial board as a symbol of hope that one day homeless deaths will be a thing of the past. For now … Continue reading
1st collector for Becky Blanton: The year I was homeless Follow my videos on vodpod
I was feeling a bit discouraged this morning after scanning the news and trolling the various cybernooks and crannies that I troll for this stuff. Far too many candidates for Brickbats. I desperately needed to throw a Bouquet. And there … Continue reading
From the LA Times: Hospital accused of dumping L.A. homeless woman to pay $125,000 fine March 18, 2011 | 7:30 am Four years after an Inglewood hospital allegedly dumped a woman with chronic lung problems at a West Los Angeles … Continue reading