- LowLife n. low•lifeˈloʊˌlaɪf(n.)(pl.)-lifes.-lives
- 1. a member of the outerclass comprised of (e.g.) prostitutes, addicts, alcoholics, the mentally ill, beggars, petty criminals, trolls, anarchists, welfare mothers, and uncontrollable wobblers.
- 2. a disreputable or deviant lifestyle
- One Throttled Voice ...
- Homeless Heroism
- “The street’s on fire in a real death waltz …”
- Sinai Tapestry (off-topic)
- Wasting the meaning and losing the rhyme
- Offered Without Comment (‘Cause Mom Said Don’t Speak When You’re Angry)
- Fentanyl, Your Last Train Home.
- Promises … promises
- Rotting On Remand
- Senior Toronto police officer found guilty of misconduct for ordering mass arrest at the G20 summit in 2010
- Justice Delayed: Bus Shelter Killers Get Life
- I broke the windows at the logging company, just to get a little release
Follow ᢺᓃᘺᢺᖥᕓᘍᔛ on TwitterMy Tweets
Choose Your PoisonAddictions Bigotry Brickbats & Bouquets Cop Watch Crime Daily Life Death Family Free Expression Gov't Policy Health & Welfare Homeless Human Rights Justice Literature Mental Health Music News Photos Police Portraits Prisons Protest Public Awareness Suicide Surveilance Technology Uncategorized Videos Violence Women Youth
- Elaine Gill"If you have any doubts that we live in a society controlled by men, try reading down the index of contributors to a volume of quotations, looking for women's names."
- James M. Barrie"Life is a long lesson in humility."
- Carl Sandburg"I won't take my religion from any man who never works except with his mouth."
- Senator Patrick Leahy"You get fifteen democrats in a room, and you get twenty opinions."
- Elaine Gill
- Writers of colour get their own imprint courtesy of Vivek Shraya and Arsenal June 28, 2017June 28, 2017Vivek Shraya and Arsenal Pulp Press launch imprint for young writers of colourArtist and writer Vivek Shraya is partnering with Arsenal Pulp Press to offer a deep mentorship and publication to a writer of Indigenous background or a person of colour who is living in Canada.rabble staff
- Vivek Shraya and Arsenal Pulp Press launch imprint for young writers of colour June 28, 2017Anti-RacismArts & CultureLGBTIQ"I wrote my first song when I was 13," recalls writer and musician Vivek Shraya in an interview with rabble.ca. "Yet, I don't think it ever crossed my mind that arts was a career I could pursue." The 36-year-old remembers growing up in Edmonton to parents who migrated from India -- the arts were not […]rabble staff
- Far-right groups fuelling populist racism in Quebec June 27, 2017June 27, 2017Who is fuelling populist racism in Quebec?GREDA and the Activist Toolkit provide a list of active far-right groups in Quebec.rabble staff
- The next NDP leader needs to articulate change June 27, 2017EconomyNDPPolitics in CanadaCanadians have been poorly governed for too long. The country is ready for some serious change. The challenge for the five NDP leadership candidates is to spell out what needs to be changed, and inspire confidence that it can be done. It may be hard to believe, but there have been few major improvements to Canada since the Pearson […]rabble staff
- Writers of colour get their own imprint courtesy of Vivek Shraya and Arsenal June 28, 2017
- Florida Just Passed Its Second Anti-Science Law This Month June 28, 2017Florida passed a law undermining accepted scientific theories about climate change, evolution and vaccination.noah
- Trump Lawyer's Firm Steered Millions In Donations to Family Members June 28, 2017Documents obtained by the Guardian reveal Jay Sekulow approved plans to push poor and jobless people to give to his Christian nonprofit, which then paid big sums to his family.noah
- Meet the Activists With a Plan to Make Climate Change Matter in Elections June 28, 2017Calling themselves Sunrise Movement, the group — most are under the age of 30 — plan to recruit and train a nonviolent volunteer army to shake up the 2018 midterm elections and make 2020 the first presidential election about climate change.noah
- The Wisconsin Experiment: Could G.O.P. Win As "Moderates" on Education In 2018 June 27, 2017With Democrats predicting big gains as President Trump’s approval ratings flatline, Republicans are courting an audience that they’ve neglected since the Tea Party victories of 2010: moderates.noah
- Florida Just Passed Its Second Anti-Science Law This Month June 28, 2017
Category Archives: Violence
From the NY Times LONDON — For Chris Parker, the arena’s entrance area might have seemed like a good place to ask people for money. Stephen Jones had found a spot nearby to sleep. Now, the two men, both homeless, … Continue reading
Sometimes it takes a high-profile act of violence against a homeless person to bring the problem back into the minds of those who have become so desensitized to seeing people living on the streets every day, the head of a national advocacy group says. “We want … Continue reading
I started this blog back when I was on the street, in the Mission computer lab. Well, not actually ON the street, but close enough. It has always been a solo thing. An episodic journal of life in the low … Continue reading
(I offer this without comment in its entirety – Drak) CTVNews.ca Staff Published Saturday, October 26, 2013 11:18AM EDT Last Updated Saturday, October 26, 2013 9:32PM EDT A vigil was held Saturday evening for a homeless man who was killed … Continue reading
Too many cops are like huge, strong, and dangerous 15 year olds … with many weapons and few consequences. The 1% like ’em that way. Intelligent, thoughful cops might just figure out whose side they’re really on. The Ottawa cops … Continue reading
A male RCMP officer in Antigonish, N.S. is under investigation after two allegations of domestic violence. See: CopWatch
HuffPost (Cold Lake, Alberta) According to a statement released by RCMP, three officers from the Cold Lake detachment responded to complaints of a noisy party in a parking lot of a community hall early Saturday, Sept. 22. While responding, one … Continue reading