- LowLife n. low•lifeˈloʊˌlaɪf(n.)(pl.)-lifes.-lives
- 1. a member of the outerclass comprised of (e.g.) prostitutes, addicts, alcoholics, the mentally ill, beggars, petty criminals, trolls, anarchists, welfare mothers, and uncontrollable wobblers.
- 2. a disreputable or deviant lifestyle
- One Throttled Voice ...
- Homeless Heroism
- “The street’s on fire in a real death waltz …”
- Sinai Tapestry (off-topic)
- Wasting the meaning and losing the rhyme
- Offered Without Comment (‘Cause Mom Said Don’t Speak When You’re Angry)
- Fentanyl, Your Last Train Home.
- Promises … promises
- Rotting On Remand
- Senior Toronto police officer found guilty of misconduct for ordering mass arrest at the G20 summit in 2010
- Justice Delayed: Bus Shelter Killers Get Life
- I broke the windows at the logging company, just to get a little release
Follow ᢺᓃᘺᢺᖥᕓᘍᔛ on TwitterMy Tweets
Choose Your PoisonAddictions Bigotry Brickbats & Bouquets Cop Watch Crime Daily Life Death Family Free Expression Gov't Policy Health & Welfare Homeless Human Rights Justice Literature Mental Health Music News Photos Police Portraits Prisons Protest Public Awareness Suicide Surveilance Technology Uncategorized Videos Violence Women Youth
- Edith Sitwell"Eccentricity is not, as dull people would have us believe, a form of madness. It is often a kind of innocent pride, and the man of genius and the aristocrat are frequently regarded as eccentrics because genius and aristocrat are entirely unafraid of and uninfluenced by the opinions and vagaries of the crowd."
- Walt Whitman"Do I contradict myself?/ Very well then I contradict myself,/ (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
- Jose Marti"Man has to suffer. When he has no real afflictions, he invents some."
- Ring Lardner"I've known what it is to be hungry, but I always went right to a restaurant."
- Edith Sitwell
- Radical model could be key to creating new community newspapers across Canada August 15, 2017Nick FillmoreNews outlets in Canadian communities are falling like bowling pins. At least 171 media organizations in 138 communities closed between 2008 and this January, says the Local News Research Project, a project led by Ryerson School of Journalism. By comparison, only 51 new outlets opened. Project co-ordinator April Lindgren writes: "Local news […]Media Watch
- WATCH: Striking Pearson airport workers ask for fair deal and respect August 15, 2017YouTubeNadine MacKinnonLabourAugust 15, 2017Best-of-the-netMembers of Teamsters Local 419 walked off the job at Pearson International Airport in July. The airport's baggage handlers and grounds crew are calling on Swissport for a fair deal -- asking for respect as well as improvements in benefits, safety and wages. Hear from workers who are walking the […]rabble staff
- A food policy for Canada -- show us the goods, please! August 15, 2017EnvironmentFood & HealthPolitics in CanadaYou'll know from reading this column that I am rarely one to champion or cheerlead government initiatives. Call me jaded, call me skeptical, call me grouchy… Having been around the agricultural policy block a few times, I have all too often seen both previous federal Liberal and Conservative governments shaf […]rabble staff
- Sending support to those needing help in Charlottesville August 15, 2017August 15, 2017Responding to Charlottesville: Some ways to helpMany of us are devastated by the news from Charlottesville. The Activist Toolkit has been pulling together tools to help send support.rabble staff
- Radical model could be key to creating new community newspapers across Canada August 15, 2017
- Two Years Into Refugee Crisis, Europe Tries to Wipe Its Hands Clean August 15, 2017There is little mention of the ongoing unwillingness by France or Germany to make good on their commitment to accept the promised number of refugees, nor further debate on Hungary’s and Poland’s outright refusal to admit any refugees within their borders.noah
- Charlottesville Reveals an Emboldened Far Right That Can No Longer Be Ignored August 15, 2017The weekend’s violence proved that despite small numbers, a well-organized, militaristic far-right front is an unsettling specter in the era of Donald Trump.noah
- The Real Meaning of “On Many Sides” August 14, 2017In his speech on Charlottesville, Donald Trump told the nation exactly what he stands for – and just as importantly, his racist, anti-Semitic, Muslim-hating acolytes heard the words Trump didn’t say.noah
- Google's Casualties: Is There A Corporate-State Conspiracy To Censor Progressive Websites? August 14, 2017The upgrade to Google’s search algorithm has resulted in a steep reduction in traffic to various socialist, progressive and anti-war web sites like Democracy Now!, Common Dreams, Wikileaks, Truth-Out and The Intercept.noah
- Two Years Into Refugee Crisis, Europe Tries to Wipe Its Hands Clean August 15, 2017
Category Archives: Violence
From the NY Times LONDON — For Chris Parker, the arena’s entrance area might have seemed like a good place to ask people for money. Stephen Jones had found a spot nearby to sleep. Now, the two men, both homeless, … Continue reading
Sometimes it takes a high-profile act of violence against a homeless person to bring the problem back into the minds of those who have become so desensitized to seeing people living on the streets every day, the head of a national advocacy group says. “We want … Continue reading
I started this blog back when I was on the street, in the Mission computer lab. Well, not actually ON the street, but close enough. It has always been a solo thing. An episodic journal of life in the low … Continue reading
(I offer this without comment in its entirety – Drak) CTVNews.ca Staff Published Saturday, October 26, 2013 11:18AM EDT Last Updated Saturday, October 26, 2013 9:32PM EDT A vigil was held Saturday evening for a homeless man who was killed … Continue reading
Too many cops are like huge, strong, and dangerous 15 year olds … with many weapons and few consequences. The 1% like ’em that way. Intelligent, thoughful cops might just figure out whose side they’re really on. The Ottawa cops … Continue reading
A male RCMP officer in Antigonish, N.S. is under investigation after two allegations of domestic violence. See: CopWatch
HuffPost (Cold Lake, Alberta) According to a statement released by RCMP, three officers from the Cold Lake detachment responded to complaints of a noisy party in a parking lot of a community hall early Saturday, Sept. 22. While responding, one … Continue reading