- LowLife n. low•lifeˈloʊˌlaɪf(n.)(pl.)-lifes.-lives
- 1. a member of the outerclass comprised of (e.g.) prostitutes, addicts, alcoholics, the mentally ill, beggars, petty criminals, trolls, anarchists, welfare mothers, and uncontrollable wobblers.
- 2. a disreputable or deviant lifestyle
- One Throttled Voice ...
- Homeless Heroism
- “The street’s on fire in a real death waltz …”
- Sinai Tapestry (off-topic)
- Wasting the meaning and losing the rhyme
- Offered Without Comment (‘Cause Mom Said Don’t Speak When You’re Angry)
- Fentanyl, Your Last Train Home.
- Promises … promises
- Rotting On Remand
- Senior Toronto police officer found guilty of misconduct for ordering mass arrest at the G20 summit in 2010
- Justice Delayed: Bus Shelter Killers Get Life
- I broke the windows at the logging company, just to get a little release
Follow ᢺᓃᘺᢺᖥᕓᘍᔛ on TwitterMy Tweets
Choose Your PoisonAddictions Bigotry Brickbats & Bouquets Cop Watch Crime Daily Life Death Family Free Expression Gov't Policy Health & Welfare Homeless Human Rights Justice Literature Mental Health Music News Photos Police Portraits Prisons Protest Public Awareness Suicide Surveilance Technology Uncategorized Videos Violence Women Youth
- Evan Esar"Zoo: An excellent place to study the habits of human beings."
- Oliver Wendell Holmes"Civilization is the process of reducing the infinite to the finite."
- George Carlin"Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong."
- Ambrose Bierce"Politics, n. Strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles."
- Evan Esar
- As processed food displaces nutritious food, more people gain weight and get sick May 21, 2019Ed FinnThe rate of obesity in Canada has risen to epidemic proportions, with one in eight of us now clinically obese and nearly half of us weighing more than we should. And it's not because people are indifferent to weight gain. Far from it. The exercise and weight-loss business is booming, and diet books are consistently near the top of the bestseller […]the views expressed
- Beware pro-choice memes normalizing Islamophobia May 21, 2019Anti-RacismFeminismPolitics in CanadaWhen a group of white, male, fundamentalist Christian Alabama legislators passed the most restrictive women's reproductive health law in the country last week, many seemingly progressive people immediately reacted in the logical fashion of a society in which Islamophobia is the default: they blamed Muslims. Indeed, y […]rabble staff
- Green Party support grows as alarms sound on climate crisis May 21, 2019May 21, 2019Green Party support grows as alarms sound on climate crisisWith 17 elected Green Party members at the provincial and federal levels, the Greens look to be competitive in a number of federal ridings across Canada in the October 21 election.rabble staff
- Green Party support grows as alarms sound on climate crisis May 21, 2019EnvironmentPolitics in CanadaWhat do Ireland, the British Parliament, and Ottawa and Vancouver city councils have in common? All voted in 2019 to declare a climate emergency. Following the Green Party win in the Nanaimo-Ladysmith byelection, both the NDP and the Liberals proposed climate-change emergency resolutions for debate in the House of Commons. On May […]rabble staff
- As processed food displaces nutritious food, more people gain weight and get sick May 21, 2019
- Green Party Surges In Britain, Winning Hundreds of Seats Amid Climate Protests May 22, 2019The Tories and Labour lost badly in recent local elections as the Green Party gained 265 seats to emerge as one of the biggest winners – reflecting people's growing priority to save the planet.noah
- San Francisco Says No to Facial Recognition Software May 21, 2019The city is the first in the nation to ban the police and other municipal departments from using the technology.noah
- Americans Need More Bike Transit – And These Nonprofits Are Bringing It May 20, 2019Bike-focused nonprofits raise awareness about the environmental and health benefits that come with more biking transit – and they're also pushing cities to modernize their approach to transportation.noah
- Bernie Sanders Unveils 'A Thurgood Marshall Plan for Public Education' May 20, 2019With his 10-point proposal to overhaul the nation's schools, the presidential hopeful said he aims to "guarantee every person in our country a quality education as a fundamental human right."noah
- Green Party Surges In Britain, Winning Hundreds of Seats Amid Climate Protests May 22, 2019
Category Archives: Technology
Outside the street’s on fire in a real death waltz
Between flesh and what’s fantasy
And the poets down here don’t write nothing at all,
They just stand back and let it all be Continue reading
A cop stopped one of my street bros once and said. “I thought you were homeless.” When my friend replied in the affirmative, the cop asked, “If you’re homeless, why the hell do you have a cell phone?” My friend … Continue reading
Anonymous Operation Spain – Press Release Tuesday – September 25, 2012 5:30 PM ET USA Greetings World Anonymous sends it’s solidarity to our brothers and sisters in Spain who at this very moment have completely surrounded the Parliament Building in … Continue reading
I’m going take a little break from street talk to do some tech talk, the tenuous connection being that there are unadvertised ways to free yourself from corporate shackles in the digital word. They are unadvertised because they are free. … Continue reading
Apparently unfamiliar with the mathematical concept of exponential growth, nor aware of how pyramid schemes got the name, Maryland Sheriff, Major, Chief (or some other important Police thingy), Robert V. Liberati got pissed off at people beating up his traffic … Continue reading