- LowLife n. low•lifeˈloʊˌlaɪf(n.)(pl.)-lifes.-lives
- 1. a member of the outerclass comprised of (e.g.) prostitutes, addicts, alcoholics, the mentally ill, beggars, petty criminals, trolls, anarchists, welfare mothers, and uncontrollable wobblers.
- 2. a disreputable or deviant lifestyle
- One Throttled Voice ...
- Homeless Heroism
- “The street’s on fire in a real death waltz …”
- Sinai Tapestry (off-topic)
- Wasting the meaning and losing the rhyme
- Offered Without Comment (‘Cause Mom Said Don’t Speak When You’re Angry)
- Fentanyl, Your Last Train Home.
- Promises … promises
- Rotting On Remand
- Senior Toronto police officer found guilty of misconduct for ordering mass arrest at the G20 summit in 2010
- Justice Delayed: Bus Shelter Killers Get Life
- I broke the windows at the logging company, just to get a little release
Follow ᢺᓃᘺᢺᖥᕓᘍᔛ on TwitterMy Tweets
Choose Your PoisonAddictions Bigotry Brickbats & Bouquets Cop Watch Crime Daily Life Death Family Free Expression Gov't Policy Health & Welfare Homeless Human Rights Justice Literature Mental Health Music News Photos Police Portraits Prisons Protest Public Awareness Suicide Surveilance Technology Uncategorized Videos Violence Women Youth
- Susan Ertz"He talked with more claret than clarity."
- Johnny Carson"For three days after death hair and fingernails continue to grow but phone calls taper off."
- Mark Twain"My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it."
- Adrian Mitchell"Most people ignore most poetry / because / most poetry ignores most people."
- Susan Ertz
- NDP candidates express broad support for labour June 26, 2017June 26, 2017NDP leadership candidates affirm support for labour in debateNDP leadership candidates reinforced their commitment to workers and the labour movement at a debate hosted by the United Steelworkers in Toronto on Thursday night.rabble staff
- NDP leadership candidates affirm support for labour in debate June 23, 2017Meagan GillmoreNDP leadership candidates reinforced their commitment to workers and the labour movement at a debate hosted by the United Steelworkers in Toronto on Thursday night. Candidates unanimously supported protecting workers' pensions when companies declare bankruptcy, helping temporary foreign workers gain Canadian citizenship faster, making it […]rabble staff
- The reversal of privatization and an urban coming of age June 23, 2017David A. McDonaldA gentle revolution is underway in Barcelona, Spain. Until recently, prevailing wisdom has been that efficient, quality and cheap services are best provided by handing everything over to the private sector. These days are gone. From energy supply to kindergartens to funeral services, the municipality is providing more and more of the basic n […]the views expressed
- The Trudeau government's record at the mid point in its mandate June 23, 2017June 23, 2017The year that was for the Trudeau government, as it approaches middle ageIs the Trudeau government merely Harper-lite or is it a beacon of democratic, humanistic internationalism? Based on its record this past year, and at the mid point in its mandate, it is neither.rabble staff
- NDP candidates express broad support for labour June 26, 2017
- The Corbyn Effect: Britain’s Election Just Rewrote the Rules of Parliamentary Politics June 26, 2017Jeremy Corbyn's win demonstrated that in the stale world of parliamentary politics, we need to tear up the rulebook. We need to be realistic about the systemic crises we face. And we need, above all, to demand the impossible.noah
- Prominent Democratic Fundraisers Realign to Lobby for Trump's Agenda June 26, 2017Democratic fundraisers who raised record amounts of campaign cash for Hillary Clinton are now retained by top telecom interests trying to repeal net neutrality, representing for-profit prisons, and pushing with corporate interests to weaken financial regulations.noah
- Biggest Banks Fueling Climate Disaster With Billions Poured Into "Extreme Fossil Fuels" June 26, 2017"To keep the planet under 1.5 degrees of global warming and stop human rights violations, banks must stop financing extreme fossil fuels. Our planet just can't take it."noah
- The G.O.P.'s Medical Malpractice: Either Republicans Don’t Understand Healthcare, or They’re Just Liars June 23, 2017The GOP has already indicted itself as both criminally ignorant and casually hypocritical about the nature of health insurance and the critical role government necessarily plays in it.noah
- The Corbyn Effect: Britain’s Election Just Rewrote the Rules of Parliamentary Politics June 26, 2017
Category Archives: Literature
Blogs about social issues can become so earnest some times that they occasionally induce bouts of self-righteous ennui. So, now and again, simple off-topic meanderings are a welcome diversion. Today I re-stumbled upon this book, almost 40 years after I … Continue reading
I’ve been admitted to the hospital 3 times in the last months, 6 times in the last 5 years. Makes one ponder mortality, it does. Which isn’t such a bad thing unless you are 21. Indeed, it makes you … Continue reading
I am not a spelling or grammar fascist. I have an over-fondness for ellipses … I am generally tolerant of, if not entirely copacetic with, the idiom of the day … I’ve been known to, occasionally, split infinitives … I … Continue reading
“It is so simple a remedy, merely service. Not one ignoble thought or act is demanded of any one of all men and women in the world to make fair the world. The call is for nobility of thinking, nobility … Continue reading
“One of the things I loathed most about school, the army and regular employment was the feeling that I was missing something and that in the pubs, clubs, cafés, dives … there was some sort of magic practice that I … Continue reading
My story ends here. It is a fairly trivial story, and I can only hope that it has been interesting in the same way as a travel diary is interesting. I can at least say, Here is the world that … Continue reading