- LowLife n. low•lifeˈloʊˌlaɪf(n.)(pl.)-lifes.-lives
- 1. a member of the outerclass comprised of (e.g.) prostitutes, addicts, alcoholics, the mentally ill, beggars, petty criminals, trolls, anarchists, welfare mothers, and uncontrollable wobblers.
- 2. a disreputable or deviant lifestyle
- One Throttled Voice ...
- Homeless Heroism
- “The street’s on fire in a real death waltz …”
- Sinai Tapestry (off-topic)
- Wasting the meaning and losing the rhyme
- Offered Without Comment (‘Cause Mom Said Don’t Speak When You’re Angry)
- Fentanyl, Your Last Train Home.
- Promises … promises
- Rotting On Remand
- Senior Toronto police officer found guilty of misconduct for ordering mass arrest at the G20 summit in 2010
- Justice Delayed: Bus Shelter Killers Get Life
- I broke the windows at the logging company, just to get a little release
Follow ᢺᓃᘺᢺᖥᕓᘍᔛ on TwitterMy Tweets
Choose Your PoisonAddictions Bigotry Brickbats & Bouquets Cop Watch Crime Daily Life Death Family Free Expression Gov't Policy Health & Welfare Homeless Human Rights Justice Literature Mental Health Music News Photos Police Portraits Prisons Protest Public Awareness Suicide Surveilance Technology Uncategorized Videos Violence Women Youth
- George Eliot"The important work of moving the world forward does not wait to be done by perfect men."
- Martin Luther King Jr."It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can stop him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important."
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg"Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all."
- Carl Sagan"But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- George Eliot
- Yellow Vests Canada lacks left-wing populism of gilets jaunes in France December 14, 2018December 14, 2018Yellow Vests Canada lacks left-wing populism of gilets jaunes in FranceThe Canadian Yellow Vest movement targets the carbon tax and "illegal" immigration, rather than reflecting the anti-austerity demands resonating in France.rabble staff
- Trudeau wins praise for rolling back Harper-era attacks on right to vote December 13, 2018December 13, 2018Trudeau wins praise for rolling back Harper-era attacks on right to voteAs Bill C-76 was given Senate approval, progressive groups applauded. The law rolls back the most odious provisions of the Harper government’s Fair Elections Act that encouraged voter suppression.rabble staff
- Trudeau wins praise for rolling back Harper-era attacks on right to vote December 13, 2018Karl NerenbergIt is not often that groups like the Council of Canadians and the Canadian Federation of Students have cause to give enthusiastic and unqualified praise to the Trudeau government. But they did so this week, when Bill C-76, the Liberals’ Elections Modernization Act, passed in the Senate. Young Canadians and progressive groups like the Council of […]rabble staff
- Opioid crisis: NDP offers suggestions – decriminalize addiction, sue drug manufacturers December 12, 2018December 12, 2018Opioid crisis: NDP offers suggestions -- decriminalize addiction, sue drug manufacturersThis week, federal political parties debated how to deal with the growing crisis that claims the lives of 8-to-9 people a day in Canada.CArabble staff
- Yellow Vests Canada lacks left-wing populism of gilets jaunes in France December 14, 2018
- Rebel Cities 17: Goma's Non-Violent Movement for Water & Peace in War-Torn Congo December 14, 2018The Congolese group Lucha successfully mobilized thousands to march for the right to water in the city of Goma. Now, the group is challenging the regime of President Joseph Kabila.noah
- 'Whoever You Are, Wherever You Are, We Need You': 15-Year-Old Greta Thunberg Calls for Global Climate Strike December 14, 2018"Science has clearly told us that we need to act now to keep the planet within 1.5 degrees of warming," the young climate activist said in calling for a day of global action on Friday.noah
- Act Out!  - Life In The Most Militarized Zone In The World December 12, 2018A special episode dedicated to the most militarized land in the world—one that you may not even have ever heard of.noah
- Tackle Climate or Face Financial Crash, Say World's Biggest Investors December 12, 2018Global investors managing $32 trillion issued a stark warning to governments at the UN climate summit on Monday, demanding urgent cuts in carbon emissions and the phasing out of all coal burning.noah
- Rebel Cities 17: Goma's Non-Violent Movement for Water & Peace in War-Torn Congo December 14, 2018