- LowLife n. low•lifeˈloʊˌlaɪf(n.)(pl.)-lifes.-lives
- 1. a member of the outerclass comprised of (e.g.) prostitutes, addicts, alcoholics, the mentally ill, beggars, petty criminals, trolls, anarchists, welfare mothers, and uncontrollable wobblers.
- 2. a disreputable or deviant lifestyle
- One Throttled Voice ...
- MEGA Invitation
- Homeless Heroism
- “The street’s on fire in a real death waltz …”
- Sinai Tapestry (off-topic)
- Wasting the meaning and losing the rhyme
- Offered Without Comment (‘Cause Mom Said Don’t Speak When You’re Angry)
- Fentanyl, Your Last Train Home.
- Promises … promises
- Rotting On Remand
- Senior Toronto police officer found guilty of misconduct for ordering mass arrest at the G20 summit in 2010
- Justice Delayed: Bus Shelter Killers Get Life
Follow ᢺᓃᘺᢺᖥᕓᘍᔛ on TwitterMy Tweets
Choose Your PoisonAddictions Bigotry Brickbats & Bouquets Cop Watch Crime Daily Life Death Family Free Expression Gov't Policy Health & Welfare Homeless Human Rights Justice Literature Mental Health Music News Photos Police Portraits Prisons Protest Public Awareness Suicide Surveilance Technology Uncategorized Videos Violence Women Youth
- Cullen Hightower"Wisdom is what's left after we've run out of personal opinions."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson"Whoso would be a man must be a nonconformist."
- Bill Vaughan"Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them."
- P. J. O'Rourke"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat."
- Cullen Hightower
- Canada's diplomat of the year fails the torture test June 20, 2018June 20, 2018Civil Liberties WatchPolitics in CanadaWorldCanada's diplomat of the year fails the torture testIt is unlikely that Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland will be up for the challenge of obeying the prohibition on torture and the international rules-based order that she hails when accepting awards.Chrystia FreelandTorturerabble staff
- Imagining a more equitable Winnipeg: The 2018 Alternative Municipal Budget June 20, 2018Lynne FernandezWinnipeg cannot control broader macro pressures such as climate change or a stagnant global economy, but it can prepare for the changes that are coming. It can meet climate change with policy to mitigate damage, slow the rate of change, and build resilience. It can stimulate and grow the local economy while making sure that marginalized citize […]policyfix
- Two important stories about seed and Monsanto June 20, 2018EnvironmentFood & HealthFor decades, pockets of resistance around the world have been tracking and educating general publics about farmers' right to seed and the importance of not allowing corporations to patent seed or to manipulate genetic material for pure speculation and gain. Behind most of these stories of resistance has been the far-reaching […]rabble staff
- A call for the NDP to withdraw from the Canada-Israel Interparliamentary Group June 19, 2018Yves EnglerThe undersigned are appalled by the recent deaths in Gaza. At least 110 Palestinians have been killed and thousands injured by sniper fire and noxious gas used by the Israeli military. The recent violence takes place alongside ongoing land theft, destruction of olive groves, construction of Jewish-only roads, imprisonment without due process, and […]yves engler
- Canada's diplomat of the year fails the torture test June 20, 2018
- Europe Calls Into Question the Legality of Trump's Trade War June 19, 2018“These tariffs aren’t even legal under U.S. law, let alone World Trade Organization laws. It seems rather odd to be citing national security and targeting countries including your closest allies.”noah
- ICE’s Military-Style Raid Leaves Immigrant Communities Terrorized June 19, 2018The size and brutality of this particular raid in Ohio, along with the use of military tactics, have shocked even the most seasoned immigrants’ rights activists.noah
- Cutting Out Wall Street – And Putting the “Public” in Public Banking June 18, 2018Private interests’ influence over banking consumes, rather than sustains, the public good.noah
- Separating Families at the Border Was Always Part of the Plan June 18, 2018A new report confirms that Trump and his advisers had been considering the brutal policy of separating migrant children from their parents at the border for as long as they’ve been in power.noah
- Europe Calls Into Question the Legality of Trump's Trade War June 19, 2018