- LowLife n. low•lifeˈloʊˌlaɪf(n.)(pl.)-lifes.-lives
- 1. a member of the outerclass comprised of (e.g.) prostitutes, addicts, alcoholics, the mentally ill, beggars, petty criminals, trolls, anarchists, welfare mothers, and uncontrollable wobblers.
- 2. a disreputable or deviant lifestyle
- One Throttled Voice ...
- Homeless Heroism
- “The street’s on fire in a real death waltz …”
- Sinai Tapestry (off-topic)
- Wasting the meaning and losing the rhyme
- Offered Without Comment (‘Cause Mom Said Don’t Speak When You’re Angry)
- Fentanyl, Your Last Train Home.
- Promises … promises
- Rotting On Remand
- Senior Toronto police officer found guilty of misconduct for ordering mass arrest at the G20 summit in 2010
- Justice Delayed: Bus Shelter Killers Get Life
- I broke the windows at the logging company, just to get a little release
Follow ᢺᓃᘺᢺᖥᕓᘍᔛ on TwitterMy Tweets
Choose Your PoisonAddictions Bigotry Brickbats & Bouquets Cop Watch Crime Daily Life Death Family Free Expression Gov't Policy Health & Welfare Homeless Human Rights Justice Literature Mental Health Music News Photos Police Portraits Prisons Protest Public Awareness Suicide Surveilance Technology Uncategorized Videos Violence Women Youth
- Francois de La Rochefoucauld"We all have strength enough to endure the misfortunes of others."
- Margot Asquith"What a pity, when Christopher Colombus discovered America, that he ever mentioned it."
- Oscar Wilde"It is a very sad thing that nowadays there is so little useless information."
- Sir Ralph Richardson"Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people from coughing."
- Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- Liberals lose majority in election 2019, will dominate minority Parliament October 22, 2019October 22, 2019Liberals lose majority in election 2019, will dominate minority ParliamentAfter a short and difficult election campaign, the Liberals won 157 seats, 27 fewer than in the 2015 election but enough to form a minority government.rabble staff
- Indigenous voices raised at Edmonton climate strike October 21, 2019October 21, 2019Indigenous voices raised at Edmonton climate strikeGreta Thunberg helps amplify, but is not the true centre of protest.rabble staff
- Three ridings to watch on election night October 21, 2019Alex CoshThis year's federal election began with a bleak outlook for the NDP. At its lowest points, the party was lagging in polls, struggling to raise campaign funds and facing questions about whether it would win enough seats to hold onto official party status in the House of Commons. However, a recent surge in support for leader Jagmeet Singh has imp […]rabble staff
- The party that wins the most seats doesn't always form the next government October 21, 2019David J. ClimenhagaIf the Conservatives led by Andrew Scheer should win the most seats in the House of Commons tonight but Liberal Prime Minister Justin Trudeau refuses to hand over power on the perfectly reasonable parliamentary grounds he thinks he can command the confidence of the House, much of Alberta will go over the edge. The almighty howl of fury Can […]djclimenhaga
- Liberals lose majority in election 2019, will dominate minority Parliament October 22, 2019
- In Britain, Fighting for Free Movement and an End to Toxic Far Right Bigotry October 19, 2019Britain’s gaping division between left and right was unambiguously laid open by the two main parties’ positions on freedom of movement at their respective 2019 party conferences.noah
- Oil Drilling In Greece? This Is What the High Cost of Debt Payments Looks Like October 17, 2019The Greek Parliament has voted on a concession to begin exploratory oil drilling in the country in early 2020 as part of a larger effort to offset the country’s debt.noah
- Twitter Analysis Shows How Trump Tweets Differently About Nonwhite Lawmakers October 11, 2019President Trump uses his Twitter feed the way past presidents used the White House briefing room. It's the place where he announces policy and delivers his message to the American people. And it's also the place where he, often gleefully, tries to skewer his political opponents.noah
- Act Out!  - Too Poor to Live Free, Rebel Scientists & These Elections Don't Matter October 9, 2019How high can you go—the costs of health insurance continue to rise sharply. Our push to build power, reach out to others and rattle thrones must escalate in kind. Next, climate and environmental experts fired for researching and spreading the truth. Are we gonna let their voices be silenced? Finally, Nora Barrows-Friedman joins us to talk about her recent tr […]noah
- In Britain, Fighting for Free Movement and an End to Toxic Far Right Bigotry October 19, 2019
Category Archives: Cop Watch
Outside the street’s on fire in a real death waltz
Between flesh and what’s fantasy
And the poets down here don’t write nothing at all,
They just stand back and let it all be Continue reading
Browsing back through my 135 posts, I realized I never did a video from a West Islander at least not about guns. I did a few about guns so here are a couple more. First April Wine, and the late Joe Strummer.
I started this blog back when I was on the street, in the Mission computer lab. Well, not actually ON the street, but close enough. It has always been a solo thing. An episodic journal of life in the low … Continue reading
Too many cops are like huge, strong, and dangerous 15 year olds … with many weapons and few consequences. The 1% like ’em that way. Intelligent, thoughful cops might just figure out whose side they’re really on. The Ottawa cops … Continue reading
A male RCMP officer in Antigonish, N.S. is under investigation after two allegations of domestic violence. See: CopWatch
HuffPost (Cold Lake, Alberta) According to a statement released by RCMP, three officers from the Cold Lake detachment responded to complaints of a noisy party in a parking lot of a community hall early Saturday, Sept. 22. While responding, one … Continue reading
Constable Ryan Gagnon has been charged with Assault Causing Bodily injury as the result of an altercation with a 16 year-old in custody. See CopWatch for details.