- Thousand of “Occupy Congress” protesters have surrounded Parliament in Madrid demanding the resignation of the government.
- Police have used rubble bullets and batons to try to disperse the crowds
- According to sources at globaluprising.com a CNN news team is there but CNN is refusing to air footage
- Demonstration apparently triggered, in part, by austerity budget released today
- Reports of at least 20 arrests, 13 injuries
- No reports of violence FROM protester … currently several hundred protester are sitting in the street
- The Coordinadora #25S manifesto reads: “Democracy has been kidnapped. On 25 September we are going to save it.”
- Still thousands in the streets @ 10:45pm Madrid time
- It’s funny to read “Occupy” posts in realtime — serious political discussions interrupted by complaints about NFL lockout and ref. scandal @ last night’s game
- Still no major movement. Police line holding back crowds. Peaceful although some “occupy” reports of individuals being harassed.
- There’s a camera streaming from right at the police lines now.
- Police report 1 protester seriously injured. Spinal cord injury.
- Interview with protester in English now. Proud that protesters resisted provocations and remained peaceful.
- Crown seems to be dwindling. Almost 11:30 pm in Madrid.
- Protester says “off the record” and interviewer reminds him it’s a live stream! Says back in 5 min..
- Definitely winding down. I’ll sign off now with this little slice from “occupy” chat:
5:46 PM justdutch: about time @maus
5:47 PM Mausiklein: tv news always takes a while to catch up they’ll probably report it in the morning as some minor thing
5:47 PM Jagzs: Gtg )got to go) SOLIDARITY from Westcoast/US! ❤ =]
5:47 PM KRAZEEKOZ: govt takes from letter carriers 5bil- http://tinyurl.com/92rfr4h
5:47 PM KRAZEEKOZ: every yr
5:47 PM Mausiklein: the coverage they gave it on Nu.nl was pathetic really
5:48 PM StopGap: The people of Spain comprise one category of substance (ousiae) existing independently (man, tree) and nine categories of accidents, which can only exist in something else (time, place)
5:48 PM Mausiklein: they made it sound like it was a minor conflict
5:48 PM Crusader1954: Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable. John F. Kennedy
5:48 PM Mausiklein: instead of a riot that’s still going on
5:48 PM Capt__Obvious: Can I just imagine things and they become “real” in subjective reality?
5:48 PM BeNice2Somebody: just want to say I shall return & I am so glad to know that others are waking up to the real reason that the world is in such a mess