- LowLife n. low•lifeˈloʊˌlaɪf(n.)(pl.)-lifes.-lives
- 1. a member of the outerclass comprised of (e.g.) prostitutes, addicts, alcoholics, the mentally ill, beggars, petty criminals, trolls, anarchists, welfare mothers, and uncontrollable wobblers.
- 2. a disreputable or deviant lifestyle
- One Throttled Voice ...
- Homeless Heroism
- “The street’s on fire in a real death waltz …”
- Sinai Tapestry (off-topic)
- Wasting the meaning and losing the rhyme
- Offered Without Comment (‘Cause Mom Said Don’t Speak When You’re Angry)
- Fentanyl, Your Last Train Home.
- Promises … promises
- Rotting On Remand
- Senior Toronto police officer found guilty of misconduct for ordering mass arrest at the G20 summit in 2010
- Justice Delayed: Bus Shelter Killers Get Life
- I broke the windows at the logging company, just to get a little release
Follow ᢺᓃᘺᢺᖥᕓᘍᔛ on TwitterMy Tweets
Choose Your PoisonAddictions Bigotry Brickbats & Bouquets Cop Watch Crime Daily Life Death Family Free Expression Gov't Policy Health & Welfare Homeless Human Rights Justice Literature Mental Health Music News Photos Police Portraits Prisons Protest Public Awareness Suicide Surveilance Technology Uncategorized Videos Violence Women Youth
- H. L. Mencken"My guess is that well over 80 percent of the human race goes without having a single original thought."
- James Thurber"He knows all about art, but he doesn't know what he likes."
- Robert Frost"Most of the change we think we see in life is due to truths being in and out of favor."
- David Letterman"There's no business like show business, but there are several businesses like accounting."
- H. L. Mencken
- Much to do to ensure NDP Alberta victory November 23, 2017November 23, 2017Arts & CultureRachel against the stormHow Notley aims to steer Alberta’s New Democrats to victory in 2019Alberta NDPrabble staff
- It's time for a public inquiry into fracking in B.C. November 23, 2017Ben ParfittLast year, more natural gas was produced in British Columbia than at any point in the past 10 years. That may come as a surprise to some people who thought that growth in B.C.'s natural gas industry hinged on the emergence of a Liquefied Natural Gas sector. It does not. The reality is that even without a much-hyped LNG industry, natural gas p […]PolicyNote
- Ontario college teachers say there is more to come November 22, 2017November 22, 2017EducationOntario college teachers: It’s not over yet Concerns about Ontario college system continue as government orders faculty back to workOPSEUOntario college faculty strikeOntario college strikeback-to-work legislationrabble staff
- Corporate influence inflames political cynicism November 21, 2017David SuzukiIn 1952, my Grade 10 civics teacher asked us what we hoped to become as adults. One of the most popular boys answered, "I hope to go into politics." We were delighted because we knew he wanted to make the world and Canada better, and we admired him for it. Things have changed in half a century. In 1992, my daughter Severn, then 12, crea […]David Suzuki
- Much to do to ensure NDP Alberta victory November 23, 2017
- Act Out!  - 400+ Reasons to Eat the Rich & Why NAFTA Can’t Be Saved November 22, 2017This week on Act Out!, tempting though it may be to ignore all things real and political for the next few days, hiding behind cranberry sauce and turkey legs won't change the ever-widening and gaping abyss before us.noah
- FCC Chief Plans to Ditch Net Neutrality Rules November 22, 2017The commission will vote at a Dec. 14 meeting on a plan to rescind the rules championed by President Obama that treat internet service providers like public utilities.noah
- How Prosecutors Turn A Protest Into a "Riot" November 22, 2017I joined hundreds of thousands of protesters at counterdemonstrations around Trump’s swearing-in. Little did I know I would be swept up into a legal nightmare that demonstrates how prosecutors intimidate and manipulate defendants into giving up their rights.noah
- In Wake of Latest Mass Shootings, Don’t Expect Republicans to Address Mental Health, Either November 21, 2017As state and federal Republican lawmakers continue to cut funding for mental health care, mass shootings carried out by deranged people with a history of mental illness keep occurring, on a regular basis, bringing death and tragedy to communities nationwide.noah
- Act Out!  - 400+ Reasons to Eat the Rich & Why NAFTA Can’t Be Saved November 22, 2017