“It is so simple a remedy, merely service. Not one ignoble thought or act is demanded of any one of all men and women in the world to make fair the world. The call is for nobility of thinking, nobility of doing. The call is for service, and, such is the wholesomeness of it, he who serves all, best serves himself.”
A million years ago, the cave man, without tools, with small brain, and with nothing but the strength of his body, managed to feed his wife and children, so that through him the race survived. You on the other hand, armed with all the modern means of production, multiplying the productive capacity of the cave man a million times — you are incompetents and muddlers, you are unable to secure to millions even the paltry amount of bread that would sustain their physical life. You have mismanaged the world, and it shall be taken from you. ”
― Jack London
- LowLife n. low•lifeˈloʊˌlaɪf(n.)(pl.)-lifes.-lives
- 1. a member of the outerclass comprised of (e.g.) prostitutes, addicts, alcoholics, the mentally ill, beggars, petty criminals, trolls, anarchists, welfare mothers, and uncontrollable wobblers.
- 2. a disreputable or deviant lifestyle
- One Throttled Voice ...
- Homeless Heroism
- “The street’s on fire in a real death waltz …”
- Sinai Tapestry (off-topic)
- Wasting the meaning and losing the rhyme
- Offered Without Comment (‘Cause Mom Said Don’t Speak When You’re Angry)
- Fentanyl, Your Last Train Home.
- Promises … promises
- Rotting On Remand
- Senior Toronto police officer found guilty of misconduct for ordering mass arrest at the G20 summit in 2010
- Justice Delayed: Bus Shelter Killers Get Life
- I broke the windows at the logging company, just to get a little release
Follow ᢺᓃᘺᢺᖥᕓᘍᔛ on TwitterMy Tweets
Choose Your PoisonAddictions Bigotry Brickbats & Bouquets Cop Watch Crime Daily Life Death Family Free Expression Gov't Policy Health & Welfare Homeless Human Rights Justice Literature Mental Health Music News Photos Police Portraits Prisons Protest Public Awareness Suicide Surveilance Technology Uncategorized Videos Violence Women Youth
- Umberto Eco"The real hero is always a hero by mistake; he dreams of being an honest coward like everybody else."
- W. S. Gilbert"When everyone is somebody, then no one's anybody."
- H. L. Mencken"It is impossible to imagine Goethe or Beethoven being good at billiards or golf."
- Karl Marx"Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form."
- Umberto Eco
- Police and journalists hand victory to far-right, racist activists in Quebec City August 21, 2017Nora LoretoWhen Donald Trump condemned "both sides" for violence in Charlottesville, he was widely, and correctly, condemned. Heather Heyer was murdered and 19 others were injured. Racists were armed. Police strategically sat back. It was a horrifying image of "two sides" in confrontation. Naively, I thought that perhaps the media was lea […]Nora Loreto
- We need to challenge scientific racism in education August 21, 2017August 21, 2017Statistics and the damage done: On equity in educationTom Bennett, who is the keynote at this week's Leadership Conference for educators, has connections to very troubling claims about links between student performance, race, and the heritability of IQ.rabble staff
- Statistics and the damage done: On equity in education August 18, 2017Benjamin DoxtdatorDear Educators, On Friday August 18 (today), you have Tom Bennett keynoting your Leadership Conference in Toronto and I want to make you aware of some very serious concerns that are emerging around him. For some context, I attended OISE back in 2010 and I now live and teach in Brussels. So, my concern is very much rooted in my love for Toro […]the views expressed
- Paramedics on Ontario First Nations reserve unanimously agree to unionize August 18, 2017Meagan GillmoreParamedics on Beausoleil First Nation's reserve on Christian Island in Ontario have joined the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). The paramedics voted unanimously in late June, after a short organizing drive. They are the first paramedics on an Ontario First Nations reserve to be represented by OPSEU, said Jamie Ramage, head […]rabble staff
- Police and journalists hand victory to far-right, racist activists in Quebec City August 21, 2017
- After Barcelona Terror Attack, Europe to Confront a More Violent Refugee Crisis August 22, 2017A day after the attack on Las Ramblas, members of the extreme right Spanish group, Falange, took to the streets to protest Islam and the E.U.'s failed immigration policies, and clashed with anti-fascist groups in a sign of the turbulence to come.noah
- The road to hate: For six young men, Charlottesville is only the beginning August 22, 2017The torch-lit images of that Friday night’s march revealed scores of clean-cut, unashamed and young men — very young. Who were they, and what in their relatively short lives had so aggrieved them that they felt compelled to act? The answer is complicated.noah
- "Hope Not Hatred": Thousands Gather Across U.S. in Rebuke to Trump, Neo-Nazis August 18, 2017Replacing torches with candles and hate with hope, thousands gathered across the U.S. on Wednesday to mourn the death of Heather Heyer and stand peacefully against the violence perpetrated by neo-Nazis in Charlottesville, Va.noah
- Occupy the Cinema: "Get Me Roger Stone" Unveils the Man Who Made Trump August 18, 2017The new Netflix documentary isn’t just a biopic on the political strategist and self proclaimed “agent provocateur” Roger Stone – it's a blueprint of sinister, cutthroat realpolitik and its execution throughout the dirtiest presidential campaign in recent memory.noah
- After Barcelona Terror Attack, Europe to Confront a More Violent Refugee Crisis August 22, 2017