“Survival, Strength, Sisterhood: Power of Women in the Downtown Eastside” is a short film that documents the 20 year history of the annual women’s memorial march for missing and murdered women in Vancouver, Coast Salish Territories.
- LowLife n. low•lifeˈloʊˌlaɪf(n.)(pl.)-lifes.-lives
- 1. a member of the outerclass comprised of (e.g.) prostitutes, addicts, alcoholics, the mentally ill, beggars, petty criminals, trolls, anarchists, welfare mothers, and uncontrollable wobblers.
- 2. a disreputable or deviant lifestyle
- One Throttled Voice ...
- Homeless Heroism
- “The street’s on fire in a real death waltz …”
- Sinai Tapestry (off-topic)
- Wasting the meaning and losing the rhyme
- Offered Without Comment (‘Cause Mom Said Don’t Speak When You’re Angry)
- Fentanyl, Your Last Train Home.
- Promises … promises
- Rotting On Remand
- Senior Toronto police officer found guilty of misconduct for ordering mass arrest at the G20 summit in 2010
- Justice Delayed: Bus Shelter Killers Get Life
- I broke the windows at the logging company, just to get a little release
Follow ᢺᓃᘺᢺᖥᕓᘍᔛ on TwitterMy Tweets
Choose Your PoisonAddictions Bigotry Brickbats & Bouquets Cop Watch Crime Daily Life Death Family Free Expression Gov't Policy Health & Welfare Homeless Human Rights Justice Literature Mental Health Music News Photos Police Portraits Prisons Protest Public Awareness Suicide Surveilance Technology Uncategorized Videos Violence Women Youth
- Dwight D. Eisenhower"I like to believe that people in the long run are going to do more to promote peace than our governments. Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it."
- Jean-Paul Sartre"Three o'clock is always too late or too early for anything you want to do."
- Samuel Goldwyn"A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on."
- W. C. Fields"Some weasel took the cork out of my lunch."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Homelessness and employment: The case of Calgary March 20, 2018Nick Falvo1. In Calgary, there aren't enough jobs to go around, and income support programs for those without work are inadequate. According to the most recent Labour Force Survey, there are almost 173,000 adults in Alberta actively searching for work -- this figure doesn’t include the many discouraged workers in Alberta who’ve given up looking for empl […]Progressive Economics Forum
- We must act fast to stop the threat to groundwater aquifer in Ontario March 20, 2018Mark CalzavaraThe world's purest groundwater is under threat again -- this time from a gravel pit expansion in the Waverly Uplands, the recharge area for a pristine aquifer in Simcoe County, Ontario. Dufferin Aggregates has applied for a 10-year permit to take water at Teedon Pit, which is located just east of the lands that almost became Dump Site 41 b […]Council-of-Canadians
- U of Waterloo students protest lack of mental health support March 19, 2018March 19, 2018EducationStudents walk out to protest lack of mental health supportNo degree is worth the loss of another student, say U of Waterloo students following latest suicidemental healthUniversity of Waterloomental health activismrabble staff
- NDP leader Singh responds to critics March 16, 2018March 16, 2018Politics in CanadaWorldJagmeet Singh breaks his silence, but did he provide good answers?In a series of media interviews the NDP leader finally condemned the mastermind of the Air India bombing. But he refused to categorically condemn violence in support of the Sikh cause. Federal NDPJagmeet Singhair indiarabble staff
- Homelessness and employment: The case of Calgary March 20, 2018
- Make America Grate Again: Why The Trump Tax Cuts Are Bad for Democracy March 19, 2018What they really do is inflate the national debt while concentrating wealth and political power into fewer and fewer hands.noah
- 'We Must Protect the Water': Indigenous Leaders and Allies Stage Sit-In to Protest Kinder Morgan Pipeline March 19, 2018The protest follows the massive march against the expansion of Kinder Morgan's Trans Mountain pipeline that brought 10,000 people to the streets of British Columbia last weekend.noah
- The Assault on Environmental Protest March 19, 2018More than 50 state bills that would criminalize protest, deter political participation, and curtail freedom of association have been introduced across the country in the past two years.noah
- Stansted 17 On Trial: U.K. Protesters Face Terrorism Charges For Helping Save Migrants March 16, 2018One year ago, 17 people locked themselves on to a deportation charter flight at London Stansted Airport, grounding a plan that would have sent 59 people back to face reprisal – and possibly death – in Ghana and Nigeria. Now, those activists could face life imprisonment.noah
- Make America Grate Again: Why The Trump Tax Cuts Are Bad for Democracy March 19, 2018