“Survival, Strength, Sisterhood: Power of Women in the Downtown Eastside” is a short film that documents the 20 year history of the annual women’s memorial march for missing and murdered women in Vancouver, Coast Salish Territories.
- LowLife n. low•lifeˈloʊˌlaɪf(n.)(pl.)-lifes.-lives
- 1. a member of the outerclass comprised of (e.g.) prostitutes, addicts, alcoholics, the mentally ill, beggars, petty criminals, trolls, anarchists, welfare mothers, and uncontrollable wobblers.
- 2. a disreputable or deviant lifestyle
- One Throttled Voice ...
- Homeless Heroism
- “The street’s on fire in a real death waltz …”
- Sinai Tapestry (off-topic)
- Wasting the meaning and losing the rhyme
- Offered Without Comment (‘Cause Mom Said Don’t Speak When You’re Angry)
- Fentanyl, Your Last Train Home.
- Promises … promises
- Rotting On Remand
- Senior Toronto police officer found guilty of misconduct for ordering mass arrest at the G20 summit in 2010
- Justice Delayed: Bus Shelter Killers Get Life
- I broke the windows at the logging company, just to get a little release
Follow ᢺᓃᘺᢺᖥᕓᘍᔛ on TwitterMy Tweets
Choose Your PoisonAddictions Bigotry Brickbats & Bouquets Cop Watch Crime Daily Life Death Family Free Expression Gov't Policy Health & Welfare Homeless Human Rights Justice Literature Mental Health Music News Photos Police Portraits Prisons Protest Public Awareness Suicide Surveilance Technology Uncategorized Videos Violence Women Youth
- Raymond Chandler"At least half the mystery novels published violate the law that the solution, once revealed, must seem to be inevitable."
- Stanislaw Lem"Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible."
- Arthur C. Clarke"Politicians should read science fiction, not westerns and detective stories."
- Alice James"One has a greater sense of intellectual degradation after an interview with a doctor than from any human experience."
- Raymond Chandler
- What bothers Martine Ouellet is not what Jagmeet Singh advocates. It is the way he dresses. September 20, 2017September 20, 2017Bloc leader attacks Jagmeet Singh, gives fuel to Quebec bashersBloc Québécois leader Martine Ouellet claims that Jagmeet Singh's NDP leadership campaign signifies we must now confront not only the religious right, but also the new and scary religious left.rabble staff
- Bloc leader attacks Jagmeet Singh, gives fuel to Quebec bashers September 20, 2017Karl NerenbergKarl Nerenberg is your reporter on the Hill. Please consider supporting his work with a monthly donation. Support Karl on Patreon today for as little as $1 per month! Bloc Québécois leader Martine Ouellet claims that Jagmeet Singh's NDP leadership campaign signifies we must now confront not only the obscurantist, anti-science and anti-wome […]rabble staff
- If we called Trump's bluff on NAFTA we could save farmers and workers from a bad deal September 20, 2017September 20, 2017For farmers and working people, cancelling NAFTA might be the best way forwardAs U.S. President Donald Trump rambles and rumbles about cancelling NAFTA, what if we called the bully's bluff? The result would no doubt be much better than any of his suggestions for change.rabble staff
- For farmers and working people, cancelling NAFTA might be the best way forward September 20, 2017Food & HealthLabourPolitics in CanadaHave you ever wondered what would happen if you called the bully's bluff? As Liberal members of Parliament return to their seats in the House of Commons, they need to consider the sometimes-veiled opportunities that political bullying provides. Are you listening, Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland? More t […]rabble staff
- What bothers Martine Ouellet is not what Jagmeet Singh advocates. It is the way he dresses. September 20, 2017
- Act Out!  - Faking Green Energy + Blocking Coal Mines September 20, 2017This week on Act Out! we go to the front lines in Europe to dispel the myths of a squeaky green facade and hear about the tactics and actions being used to shut down and block dirty and destructive energy projects.noah
- This Former Hedge Fund Guy is a One-Man Nonprofit Investigating Some of America’s Shadiest Companies September 20, 2017A crack investigative reporter for his one-man nonprofit, the Southern Investigative Reporting Foundation, Roddy Boyd broke the Valeant Pharmaceuticals story and exposed a high-profile hedge fund manager's ponzi scheme that led to his incarceration.noah
- Letter from Athens: The Greek Oil Spill Disaster That Should Not Have Been September 19, 2017The oil tanker that sank last week in the gulf of Saronikos had failed to meet safety standards as early as 2008, and according to a maritime workers' union, the ship had been deemed “extremely dangerous to safe navigation.”noah
- After Failing to Prosecute Bankers, Obama Cashes In With Wall Street Speeches September 19, 2017The former president is reportedly raking in $400,000 per speech to massive financial firms.noah
- Act Out!  - Faking Green Energy + Blocking Coal Mines September 20, 2017